1.3.1 Online Registration & Payment of Counseling Fees
• Online Registration by candidates is allowed only in 1st round of counseling. No fresh
registrations will be allowed in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of counseling.
• All eligible candidates are required to register ONLINE through Internet
(http://www.chdenggadmissions.nic.in) from places convenient to them.
• The candidate will register by entering the following as indicated in the AIEEE-2011
o Roll number
o Application No.
o Name of the candidate
o Date of Birth
• After registration, the candidate has to take a printout of the e-challan and pay an
amount of Rs. 1050/- as registration-cum-counseling fee (Non-Refundable) in any
branch of State Bank of India. After payment, the candidate has to Login once again
and enter the details of the e-challan for successful completion of the registration
• The Candidate is also required to give his own password (as per password policy).
The length of the password must be of 8-13 characters and must be a combination
of alphabets, numeric and special characters.
• Next time, the candidate can login directly with Roll number as login ID and the
chosen password as Password. Whenever the candidates Login, they have to Logout
at the end.
• Candidates are advised to record/remember their password for all future Logins.
CONFIDENTIALITY OF THE PASSWORD IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE
CANDIDATE and all care must be taken to protect its security. Candidates are
advised not to disclose or share their password with anybody. NEITHER JOINT
ADMISSION COMMITTEE NOR NIC IS RESPONSIBLE FOR VIOLATION OR MISUSE OF
THE PASSWORD OF THE CANDIDATE.
• If a candidate forgets his/her password, the additional information provided by the
candidate at the time of registration will be used to get the new password. Hence,
every candidate has to enter the required additional information as indicated in the
registration form at the time of registration.
• A candidate can change his/her password after login, if desired.
• A candidate applying for both Engineering and Architecture courses should
registered only once and chose course applying for as Both (Engineering &
• Only those Candidates who have registered online and made payment of counseling
fee are eligible for choice filling.
• Only the candidates belonging to Sports (14) and Defence categories (15 to 33) will
also submit Confirmation page (generated after on-line registration) and JAC copy of
e-challan to PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh along with self-attested
photocopies of supporting documents for final merit list preparation.
1.3.2 Online Choice Filling
• All the registered candidates who have also paid the counseling fees are required to
exercise their choices of Institute and Branch in order of their preference.
• Candidates are required to submit their choices in Engineering & Architecture
stream separately, if they are eligible for both streams.
• As per the eligibility of the candidate, available seat information relating to
Institution and Branches will be displayed.
• Candidates can fill in as much number of choices in the order of preference as they
wish to from the list of available choices.
• Candidates are permitted, if they so desire, to change or re-order their choices,
delete earlier choices and add new choices any number of times until they lock their
1.3.3 MOCK Counseling
• Based on the number of registered candidates who have submitted their choices at
any given time, the system will be able to provide an idea of the seats that
candidates may be offered. This indicative seat availability ('Mock Counseling') is to
help the candidates to finalize the most appropriate choice of Institutions.
• The indicative seat availability will be displayed at regular intervals during the
specified period on the website. Candidates are advised to visit the website
regularly for this purpose.
• The final allotment of seat, in the allotment rounds may be different from the
indicative seat availability.
1.3.4 Choice Locking & Printing of Locked Choices
• Candidates MUST lock their choices only after they have finalized them but, in any
case, before 5.00 PM on 9th July, 2011. The locking of choices involves a few steps
after the LOCK button is clicked. This includes, entering the password, confirming
the locking etc. Candidate should follow all the steps carefully to complete the
• After the choices are locked, candidates will not be able to change their choices. A
printable version of the choices along with the terms and conditions agreed by the
candidate at the time of registration is displayed once the choices are locked.
• If candidates fail to explicitly lock their choices by 5.00 PM of last date, THEIR LAST
SAVED CHOICES WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY LOCKED after this deadline. Candidates
are therefore strongly advised to lock their choices themselves and take a printout
of these locked choices. Registered candidates who do not exercise any choices or
fail to save them will not be considered for admission and seat allotment.
Candidates can login again after locking the choices; the locked choices will be
displayed but cannot be modified or altered.
1.3.5 Seat Allotment – General Rules
• During this step, the choices submitted by the candidates will be processed centrally
and seats will be allotted in the order of merit as per AIEEE-2011 on the basis of the
locked choices. The allotment result will be available on the website
http://www.chdenggadmissions.nic.in. Individual allotment letters will not be sent
to the candidates by post. The candidates MUST get a printout of the allotment
details from the website.
• Candidates who are allotted a seat first time in any round will have to personally
report to the PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh to complete the admission
formalities. The detailed reporting procedures are described in the reporting
procedure section. Candidates who get seat allotment first time in any round and
not reporting to PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh for admission formalities
will forfeit their seat allotment automatically and will not be considered for
subsequent online rounds of seat allotment. However, all registered candidates will
be eligible for participation in the FOURTH round of manual counseling
irrespective of whether they participated in the three rounds of online counseling
• Seat allotment through online counselling will be done in three rounds. In the first
round, all the seats will be allotted to the candidates and the result indicating the
institution allotted will be available on the website. In the second and third rounds,
seats will be allotted against the available vacancies in the respective rounds, and
the results will be available on the web site.
• A candidate who is offered a seat under different reservation categories shall be
considered for allotment in OPEN category in subsequent rounds subject to
eligibility and availability of vacant seats.
• Candidates who, at any stage, cancel their provisional admission will not be
considered for subsequent online rounds of seat allotment.
Candidates not reporting at PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh after fresh
allotment in any of the online rounds will forfeit their seat allotment
automatically and will not be considered for subsequent online rounds of seat
allotment. However, all registered candidates will be eligible for participation in
the FOURTH round of manual counseling irrespective of whether they participated
in the three rounds of online counseling or not.
• For subsequent actions like cancellation and refund BEFORE THE FOURTH ROUND OF
MANUAL COUNSELLING, the candidate will have to report to the PEC University of
Technology, Chandigarh where provisional admission was taken.
• However, if any candidate desires to cancel his allotment after the fourth round of
manual counseling, he/she will have to approach the allotted institute for
cancellation. Refund rules will be applicable as per institute norms.
1.3.6 Online Remote Admission process at PEC, Chandigarh after getting 1st time seat
allotment in any round
• Candidates, who get their seat allotment for the first time in any of the three rounds
of allotment, will report to PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh during the
respective reporting periods (given on page 62) and not to their Allotted Institutes.
The Allotted Institutes will not accept any 'reporting' or admissions during this
• The candidates will take printout of the provisional allotment letter and the scrutiny
form from the website and bring it along with JAC copy of the e-challan at the time
of reporting at PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh.
• Candidates will produce all the relevant certificates in original for verification when
they report to the PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh and also required to
pay an amount of Rs. 15,000/- (Rupees Fifteen Thousand Only) towards admission
fees in the form of Demand Draft. The demand draft should be drawn in favor of
“Joint Admission Committee-2011” payable at Chandigarh. The candidate must
write his/her name, AIEEE Rank and Roll No. on the reverse side of the draft before
submitting the same to the Joint Admission Committee (JAC) desk. The balance fee
will be payable at the allotted institute as per the applicable norms. For further
details, refer to the individual sections of the participating institutes given in this
• Further, candidates are required to exercise option for the participation in the
subsequent rounds of the counseling. These candidates are also required to sign a
declaration that in the event of allotment of a seat in the subsequent rounds, their
earlier allotted seat would be automatically cancelled and the cancelled seat would
be offered to the candidate next in the merit who might have sought that seat
through his/her earlier submitted choices.
• In case the candidates have exercised option in the negative (for no-upgradation),
they would retain earlier allotted seat and would not be considered for seat
allotment in the subsequent rounds of counseling.
• A provisional admission letter (containing seat allotment detail, fee detail and also
willingness for up-gradation) will be issued to the candidates at the Admission
Center after the fees are paid, and all certificates / credentials are found in order
otherwise allotted seat will be automatically cancelled and candidate may or may
not be eligible for further rounds of counseling.
1.3.7 Counseling Procedure for the fourth manual round
• All registered candidates will be eligible to participate in the fourth manual round of
counseling, irrespective of whether they have participated in the first three rounds
of online counseling or not. They are required to report at PEC University of
Technology, Chandigarh with all original documents (and one set of self-attested
photocopies) as per the counseling schedule given on pages 62 and 63 of this
brochure. All candidates must also bring the earlier allotment letter of JAC (if any) in
original issued to them.
• The choices filled by the candidates during the first three rounds of online
counseling will not be valid for this manual round of counseling. Allotments for the
vacant seats in this round will be made on the basis of the merit and willingness of
the candidates who are physically present.
• All those candidates who get a fresh allotment OR opt for a change of the institute
in this round, will be required to pay the entire admission fee of the allotted
institute IN CASH (after adjusting the Rs. 15,000/- if paid earlier to JAC) on the spot,
failing which the seat allotted to them will be immediately cancelled and offered to
the next candidate.
• There is a likelihood of some seats falling vacant during the course of counseling in
this round due to the shifting of candidates. Therefore, all the candidates are
strongly advised to be present during the entire duration of the counseling schedule
relevant to them.