2. Last date for on-line submission of applications is 26th June, 2010 up to 5.00 P.M.
3. Only the candidates belonging to Sports Category and son/daughters/spouses of Military/Paramilitary Personnel (code 8 to 24 given in Annexure I on page 48) are required to send their confirmation slips and photocopy of challan along with self-attested photocopies of the required certificates. The confirmation slip must be signed by the candidate & his/her father/mother/guardian at specified places. The last date for the submission of confirmation slips along with the required documents for these categories is 30th June, 2010 up to 5.00 P.M. Submission can be done by hand in the Admissions Office at PEC University of Technology, Sector 12, Chandigarh or sent by post to The Chairman, Joint Admission Committee, PEC University of Technology, Sector 12, Chandigarh so as to reach by 30th June, 2010.
4. Those candidates, who have passed the qualifying examination (10+2) from schools/colleges located in the Union Territory, Chandigarh and recognized by the Chandigarh Administration, are considered under the Chandigarh Quota (for PEC/CCET/CCA only) and all other students who have passed their qualifying examination from elsewhere, fall under the All India Quota.
There is no
5. The venue of counseling will be
6. A candidate, who has not submitted his/her application for admission on the prescribed format, by the prescribed last date and time, shall not be considered for admission. Participating institutes shall not be responsible for any postal delay or loss in transit.
7. All candidates are required to attend the counseling sessions on the specified date and time (see counseling schedule). The candidates are required to come to the counseling with the appropriate application form (confirmation slip) duly signed and with all proper annexures as specified in this brochure.
8. The admission of a candidate, who does not deposit the original certificates and Demand Draft as detailed in para 12 immediately after his/her selection, shall stand automatically cancelled and vacancy so caused will be offered to the candidates next in order of merit. No correspondence or appeals in this connection will be entertained. In case, a candidate has previously secured admission in another institution and, because of this reason, is unable to produce his/her original certificates at the time of attending the counseling for admission to PEC/CCET/CCA/UIET/UICET(formerly known as DCET)/SSGPURC, he/she may be allowed provisional admission, provided he/she produces a certificate, from the competent authority and on the authorized letter head of the institution where he/she has taken admission, to the effect that all his/her original certificates are lying with that institution, along with copies of his/her certificates attested by a Group A gazetted officer. He/She will be required to submit his/her original certificates within a week time of getting such provisional admission; otherwise his/her admission shall stand automatically cancelled.
9. At the time of counseling, the candidate is required to bring a Demand Draft for Rs. 1000/- (processing fee/counseling fee one time only, non-adjustable and non-refundable) in favour of Joint Admission Committee – 2010, payable at State Bank of India (02452) Chandigarh. The candidate must write his/her name, AIEEE All India Roll No. on the reverse side of the draft A candidate, who had been offered a seat in one of the participating institutes in the first counseling and gets admission to another participating institute in the second counseling, will have to deposit the fees afresh as in para 12 above. He/She can get the refund of the fees from the previous college/institute as per the rules of that college/institute. The candidates appearing for subsequent counseling after payment of fees in the institute where he/she was offered admission should bring the original fees deposit receipts at the time of subsequent counseling(s).
10. The students, who want to avail the hostel facilities, should contact the respective institute/college desk immediately after they have taken admission, to book their seat in the hostel. It may not be possible to accommodate a student in hostel, if he/she does not book a hostel seat on the same day and does not follow the prescribed procedure for the same. The hostel accommodation will be given as per University/participating Institute rules and regulations.
11. before submitting the same to the Joint Admission Committee (JAC) desk. The fees, as per the respective fees structure, is to be paid at the institute where the candidate is offered admission on or before the last dates mentioned below:-
for 1st Counseling admission : 20th July, 2010
for 2nd Counseling admission : 4th August, 2010
for 3rd Counseling admission: on the spot payment (Rs. 40,000/- for all Engineering courses and Rs. 10,000/- for Architecture courses in the form of demand draft in favour of Joint Admission Committee – 2010, payable at State Bank of India (02452) Chandigarh. This amount will be adjusted by the respective institutes against the fees.
failing which the seat allotted shall stand automatically cancelled.
12. CANCELLATION OF SEAT:
PEC/CCET/CCA: A candidate, who does not report for registration at the respective institute in-person on the date and time specified for the purpose, shall forfeit his/her seat. Please check the reporting day in the following section, for the college/institute, you have been offered admission. In case, a student leaves the institute/college after taking admission, he/she will be governed by instructions/guidelines of respective institute regarding refund of fee etc.
UIET/UICET(formerly known as DCET)/SSGPURC: By the 10th day after the start of the classes for a particular course, the names of those students who fail to attend at least 33% of total lectures/practicals shall be put up on the UIET/UICET(formerly known as DCET)/SSGPURC notice board. A student who is short of attendance may give in writing, the reasons for absence from the class at least two days before the next scheduled counseling, if any. If a student does not submit an application in writing as stated above, or the reasons produced by the student in the application are not found to be sufficient and justified in the opinion of board of control, the admission shall be cancelled by the board of control. All the seats thus falling vacant, shall be filled through subsequent counseling if held.13. Candidates are advised to visit the website for day to day information.